This routine has 4 bodyweight strength workouts, plus one mobility focused workout in the middle. You can do these workouts pretty much anywhere, with no equipment required. They're a good place to start for many beginners, but also have some room to challenge yourself as you gain strength.
- Fitness Level: Beginner friendly and beyond. The videos grow a little in difficulty.
- Equipment: Nothing required; a soft surface like a yoga mat is nice. The first video shows ways to use a chair to make some exercises easier.
- Duration: 20-27 minutes.
This program would be great to do every 2nd or 3rd day, to get some rest in between strength training sessions, but you could do the mobility workout any time to help improve your range of motion. The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend at least 2 days of strength exercises per week, and these short videos are a great place to start building up that habit!
Not every video will be suitable for every need - but you can easily customize your Workout Loop using the Edit tab! Start by changing the title to make it yours, and add or remove videos to make your own program.
This Workout Loop includes the following videos:
- 20 Minute Beginner Bodyweight Workout for Fat Loss and Strength | BodyFit By Amy
- 20 Minute Bodyweight Strength Workout [FULL BODY // No Equipment] | Juice and Toya
- 20-minute Daily Movement Practice | Stretch & Mobility | Movement Parallels Life
- Full Body Calisthenics Workout - Follow Along At Home - Beginner and Intermediate // Lucy Lismore
- 20 Min | Absolute Beginner Full Body Workout | Jenny J Fitness
If you'd like to try adding some dumbbells, you might also like 6 days of 30 minute Dumbbell and Cardio Workouts.